The National Center for Fatality Review and Prevention is the technical support and data center serving Fetal and Infant Mortality Review (FIMR) and Child Death Review (CDR) programs across the country. The National Center offers a wide variety of services that are available via site visits, web-based and digital resources, email and telephone.
- Technical assistance to support teams to develop, implement, and sustain prevention-focused fatality review processes.
- Maintenance of the National Fatality Review-Case Reporting System (NFR-CRS), a database into which fatality review teams enter the circumstances of the individual deaths they review.
- Training for state and local teams.
- Strategic planning and program development for state and local teams.
- Consultation to coordinate with other reviews, FIMR and CDR collaboration, domestic violence, serious injury, maternal mortality, elder/vulnerable adult fatality reviews, Citizen Review Panels, and others.
- Support for the network of fatality review program leaders.
- Listserv that reaches state and local fatality review coordinators and leaders, and team members.
- Linkage of fatality review programs to state and national maternal and child health and injury programs.
Contact the National Center